THE DISCUSSION ON AMAZON
STUDENT B's QUESTIONS (Do not show these to Student A.)
(1) Would you like to spend a year living in the Amazon jungle?
(2) What can Amazonian Indians teach us about life?
(3) Who has a better life, Amazonian Indians or us?
(4) What do you think Amazonian Indians think of developers cutting down and polluting the rainforests?
(5) Oil giants Chevron and Texaco say they are looking after the rainforest and indigenous peoples. What do you think?
STUDENT A's QUESTIONS (Do not show these to Student B.)
(1) What images come to mind when you hear the word ‘Amazon’?
(2) What do you know about the Amazon?
(3) How important is the Amazon?
(4) Which is more important, the Amazon River or Amazon rainforests?
(5) What kind of animals are unique to the Amazon?